Friday, November 18, 2011

Routine/Rhythm

How does one stick to a routine/rhythm on the weekends(or for us my DH's weekends)?  How does one stick to a routine/rhythm in general?

I know that it would be beneficial for me and my children to get into a nice routine/rhythm for our days, but it's so hard.  I am not naturally routine oriented and so it's a struggle to get into the habit of one.  As far as meals go, I'm doing pretty good...those are generally served at the same time(though dinner can vary if I get started on it late or if the baby is extra needy that day).  Otherwise, there is no truly consistent routine/rhythm to our day. 

I'm noticing that the baby is needing one though...I really would like him to start taking longer naps so that I can have time to get some schoolwork done with the princess.  Right now I'm doing great if I can get a 45 minute stretch from him. 

I should also be getting to bed earlier...I just have such a hard time giving up the peace and quiet that happens at night.  It's not quite the same for me in the morning, not to mention I'm more of a night owl than an early bird.  I can get up earlier, before the kids, but then I have to tiptoe around, praying that I don't wake them(their bedroom is on the same floor as the kitchen and living room).  

I also know that I need to spend less time online and more time with my kids. It's so easy for me to lose track of time when I'm on the internet.  It's definitely something I need to curb.

Currently I'm reading Amy Lynn Andrews book Tell Your Time.  I'm hoping that this will help me get into a daily routine so that I'm heading towards my goals.

What does your routine look like?  Any tips for helping me get into a routine/rhythm?  Do you start with one thing at a time or do you jump into a schedule?

(I have a really hard time remembering how to spell rhythm.)

Month of Thanks:

Day 15: I'm thankful for our home...that it's a warm shelter from the high winds and cold temps and that it's ours.

Day 16: I'm thankful for my families health.

Day 17: I'm thankful that I won a $500 gift card!  I can't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment